Motions carried at AMPA 2022 to create a new standing committee, the Addressing Anti-Black Racism/Racism Committee for 2022-2023. The Committee will be comprised of up to 12 members:
- up to 7 members who identify as Black or racialized appointed by the Provincial Council;
- one non-voting member appointed by the Provincial Council from its members, who will act as liaison between the Provincial Council and the Committee on Addressing Anti-Black Racism/Racism;
- one non-voting member from the Provincial Executive, appointed by the President, who will act as liaison between the Provincial Executive and the Committee on Addressing Anti-Black Racism/Racism;
- up to 2 members who identify as Black or racialized may be co-opted; and
- one non-voting Secretariat member, assigned by the General Secretary.
In the inaugural year of the Committee, Provincial Council shall appoint three Members to a three-year term, three Members to a two-year term, and three Members to a one-year term which shall be considered co-options for the purpose of nominations to committees and councils in the following year.
The application form for this committee is now available on the OSSTF/FEESO website
To complete an application, please click here. Alternatively, you can follow the navigation path to access the application: OSSTF/FEESO Website Home page > About Us > How We Are Organized >Provincial Council > Related Links > Application Form > Log in using your Member ID.